How far are YOU willing to go?

Watch this guy – Who IS he, anyway? (video cuts off pretty abruptly)

MY QUESTION FOR YOU: What’s YOUR comfort zone? Are you willing to step out of it?

I went from crunching numbers on Park Avenue to what you just saw in this video. Are you willing to be uncomfortable to build an online business that impacts the world? To do something new?

(and yes – all Mr. Woody jokes and comments are welcome 🙂

TELESEMINAR RECORDING (expires soon)
Click here.

David AKA “Mr. Woody”

182 Responses to “ “How far are YOU willing to go?”

1. Custom avatar Yvonne L. says:

Just stopping by to with all moms

“HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY” 🙂

Much love,
    Yvonne

2. Custom avatar Celia Dias says:

My comfort zone is I am slow to take action. This gives me the excuse to hide behind the undone things saying I am to busy. Comfort zone is every excuse for not taking action, this what I think. Not the act itself, but the excuse were create in our heads.

3. Hi David, Its amazing how and who pulls us out of our comfort zone, My daughter hahttp://www.getpaidforwhoyouare.com/blog/wp-content/commentavatars/ninja7.pngs done it for me,her name is Madaline and she is Downsyndrome and doesnt communicate very well..Im a very shy person but she makes me get out there and speak for her just so she can fit into society..I found a way where i can do my passion and involve her and create a job for her and myself from home and using the computer.My web page is only new so im hoping lots of people will see our magic.www.frameacard.com.au .Its all great to see your good work. Hellen

4. David Wood says:

Acknowledging top posters:

sarah (22)
    Yvonne L. (20)
    Brenda (13)
    Wendy Keilin (11)

Great to see you rocking it out on the blog!

• Custom avatar Ken Keicher says:

Hi David,

I was on the conference call tonight for about a half hour when it seemed that all you were doing was reviewing the book, so I left. I have read your book and there are some good ideas contained within its pages, but still nothing about marketing, at least nothing that seemed doable. I don’t have a lot of money to spend on advertising, but maybe that’s the only way that I’m ever going to be able to get any customers.

I have my own website which I built using a website building software made by Serif and it does everything that I need it to do for now. I plan to create some audio products on developing positive awareness, but without a way to market them, it doesn’t seem like there is much point in it. There is a site called “Blog Talk Radio” where anyone can broadcast their own internet radio show, but that doesn’t guarantee that I will have any listeners. I listened to a motivational show for a few minutes and besides myself there were only 2 other listeners.

You have a huge following already and that’s great, but I have tried affiliate marketing, as well as many different home business opportunities and ideas, adsense on my blogs, adwords, free advertising, business cards, etc., and nothing has worked for me. In the past 3 years I’ve made a total of about $23 and spent many hundreds of $$ in the process.

I have had some nice and positive comments on my blogs and they, as well as my website, are filled with tons of free information. I consider myself to be a positive awareness coach and have completed a course in life coaching from The Life Coach Institute. I have had no clients whatsoever, not even free ones, and I would love to do some free coaching to get some word of mouth advertising. The course I took boasted of teaching marketing methods, but all it has really taught in that regard is where NOT to advertise and to only use free advertising methods. It’s very frustrating and what’s worse is that I know I have something of great value to offer, but nobody seems to care. It’s extremely difficult to grasp the benefits of achieving positive awareness if you aren’t and you don’t need it if you already are.

Check out my site if you like (www.journeytoselfawareness.com), as well as a couple of my blogs: http://manifestyourdream.blogspot.com and http://healing-voice.blogspot.com. I am also a Reiki practitioner, and an energy healer, and have never found a way to market those skills either. Additionally, I am a musician and composer and some of my tunes are on MySpace (www.myspace.com/kenkeicher). At this point I’m inclined to believe that I’m better off selling my songs on Amazon or on Ebay and just forget about trying to coach anyone. Any ideas?

Ken Keicher

[RESPONSE FROM DAVID]
      hi
      shame you missed the breakout session, plus the Chief Marketing Officer of Kodak dropping in – those were the big hits
      not sure what to tell you Ken

• Ken Keicher says:

Hi David,

I mistakenly thought that you had most of the answers, at least that’s what it seems you are claiming. You’re a coach, right? You’re supposed to help people find their way. This makes me wonder what your true intentions are with your book, “Get Paid For Who You Are.” It would seem that the whole purpose of your teleseminar wasn’t to help others, but instead use us to explore your new teleseminar software.

I’m tired of reading hyped up sales letters and you gave me the impression that you are one of the few who really care about those who are subscribed to your site. Perhaps I was wrong. You don’t know what to tell me is hardly an answer that I can use and the chief marketing officer for Kodak isn’t likely to have any answers on how to market self-awareness or positive awareness. But you are in the same line of work that I’m in, so you should have some answers for me.

I suppose that I’m competition for you and that’s the reason you don’t want to give me any answers.

Unfortunately,

Ken Keicher

• Custom avatar Robert S. says:

There have been people in my life who had answers for a lot of people, but none for me. Does that make them a fraud, or a sham? Well, maybe. Who knows?

The bottom line is; if they are then they’ll be found out soon enough. Making yourself available to the entire world means that your truth will surface eventually.

I hope you take comfort in this statement because it’s fact. The world is too small anymore for charlatans to thrive for very long.

Incidentally, I believe David Woods has some answers that I can use however, as much as I know he would like to, he is probably like most of us who won’t be able to help everybody.

David is right, knowing your target audience makes a world of difference…

• Custom avatar Helen says:

Robert, I agree. In any working relationship, the helper and the helpee have to be sorta in the same ballpark.

I also agree that no one person has the answers for all people. That’s why there are so many of us out there looking to help!

What’s that saying? You can’t help all of the people all of the time, but you CAN help some of the people some of the time.

David happens to be one helper with whom I resonate, or vice versa. He has kept himself out there, helping, for quite some time now. I think he’s marvelous, but maybe that’s because he and I seem to think in the same way.

Helen

• Marcia says:

Hello Ken,
        I just wanted to interject here, if you don’t mind.All the answers you ar elooking for ARE within you already. If you are truly looking for a coach to tell you what to do you will not find one.That is not what a coach does. However they do help you find the answers you are looking for by putting powerful questions to you as you dig deep for the answers.
        All David has done was privide a think vehicle to take you from where you are to where you want to go. But the question is first of all where do you want to go? I suggest you do find a coach who can work with you to unlock some of your hidden treasures so you can move forward to your next step of liberating yourself to more of the freedoms you are looking for in your personal life.That one hour call was by no means the time nor the place for a discovery session or coaching. Ask for the help you need and you will get it.Great happiness with the new thing you are about to find out from your life.

Marcia

• Custom avatar Helen says:

Well said, Marcia.

Plus, Ken, a teacher of mine once made the distinction between soft and solid services. It’s much more difficult to market the soft services, such as se;f awaremess and positive self awareness. I think it’s a struggle many of us face. Focus on the problem you are solving, and for whom you are solving it. Anything we offer has to be about the client, not about us.

So write your book, do the lecture circuit, become an expert, and people will come to you. Or decide on your target audience, refine and refine it, then let them know how you can solve their problem.

Good luck!
          Helen

• Celia Dias says:

Well, I hate to tell you flat out. You are jealous. Where is YOUR book to help people.

A long time ago I used to criticize photographers for their poor quality of taste on their professional portraits, or even landscaping, dog photo, you name it. Till the day my a friend said to me.You criticize him, but where are YOUR photos. At least he is doing it.

That day on I changed completely how to appreciate other peoples work.

Go there and make something better, people will find you.

Much Love
        Celia

• Ken says:

Celia,

Well actually, I have a website and a couple of blogs with tons of FREE information on what I’m teaching. I’m not selling a book, I’m giving away everything I know to anyone who wants to go to my site and read it.

(Editors Note: other domains deleted)

Plus I have some readers who have made very positive comments on what I’ve written there.

The really unfortunate part about all of this is that the post was a follow-up to an email that I sent to David, and his response was that he didn’t know what to tell me when I had told him that I’ve tried all kinds of ways to get the word out, with no results. I teach people how to achieve self-awareness and positive awareness, but the problem is that if you aren’t self-aware, then you don’t know that you need to be, and if you are, then you don’t need the information.

I believe my content is extremely valuable because it has brought many personal miracles into my life. I was simply asking for some advice on where I should market my information. David’s reply was that he didn’t know what to tell me.

Thank you for your reply Celia.

• David Wood says:

Hi Ken,

I get that you feel let down.

You wrote: >>>>and what’s worse is that I know I have something of great value to offer, but nobody seems to care.

Have you considered you may have a blind spot? I highly recommend the Forum at http://www.LandmarkEducation.com – it’s an eye opener.

• Celia Dias says:

Hi Ken

I absolute recommend the Land Mark Education.

It transformed the way I see people and myself exactly because it made me see MYSELF before I looked at others.

Much Love
          Celia

PS.: how are you getting traffic to your site? do you have face book, twitter?

• Henry Peña says:

Ken,

I’d recommend The Silva Life System. It’s a LOT cheaper than Landmark Forum, and you can do a self-study.

Good luck and stay positive!

~Henry~

5. daniel says:

missed the teleseminar
    but would love to hear it is it possible to get hand on a copy of it.
    Please!!!!
    Daniel

• David Wood says:

if you registered – you’ll get the recording. It will be valid for 3 days only.

6. Hi David,
    What you’re doing is incredibly inspiring. Reading your book propelled me on an obsessive self-education tour through many websites, soaking up the juju from the experts! My conclusion: there is just no reason or excuse not to have an epic celebration of life!
    My big why: I can feel the consciousness evolution, and it’s awesome! so many people are awakening to their own empowerment, and being inspired to let their voices ring out, to believe in their dreams, and to live big! there is a growing awareness of the interconnectedness of everything and everyone, where fears dissolve, and harmonious, healthy relationships are the norm.
    I grew up crying at night feeling the pain of the world, and my heart’s calling was born out of that empathy. i’ve learned that the most important thing in life is to follow my heart, do what i love, shine my light, and inspire others to live their greatness.
    Thank you for sharing what you’ve learned!
    got a question for you: who have been your 3 biggest role models/inspirations/supporters as you have made your dreams a reality and let your full potential shine?
    Kendra Current
    Boulder, CO

7. Hi, David,

I’m getting the picture so clearly, simply because of the delighted comments. Now I’m longing to see you in a kilt, acting like a wild Scotsman (at least that’s the picture I get from the comments.) Bravo, David.
    As I can’t get to see the video (anyway couldn’t work out the equivalent time in Cape Town, SA.) would it be possible to download a copy of it at some stage? Really the reaction of my fellow-members has activated my laugh-quakes! I would like to see you on the stage, live and unashamed and uninhibited.

….and laughing your head off!!!

Love,
    Mindi

8. Knowing how far one is willing to go is measured in large part I think by how far you’ve come and how you’ve played “The Game”.
    I just found out about all this today and I’m reading the first chapter of your book.
    A quick look at my story.Wow, I’m bloging ,Cool, this is easy and so fun I think I’ ll try saying something, ok here goes, hows this, ready?
    Hi, I’m chance and this blog is basically goin to be an account of my journey. My life has is and ever shall be a quest to be Who I Am. My FPS, my Expanded Me, Why? all along, I’ve been mini me. But now the cat’s out of the bag, I’ve come from a life of total rejection.An outkast waz i, one whom hope had nearly abandoned, I walked the valley alone, i lived down by the grindhouse, you know over the tracks and into the darker zone. So if you can imagine
    over the tracks and into the darker zone, down in the valley of the shadow well then thats where i’m from. So any way the whole time i’m in this valley ridin every grusum ride i’m thinkin and thinkin and finally I thought of something else to do. I thought I’d seek myself,
    my own presence and from there I’d know what to do. So I did and I did and I Expanded and got to be to big for the valley and now I don’t resonate with them any more so here I am. How’s that for a migit story. Bye for now…

9. Eve Reincarnated says:

“da de da da…dah da da da…da da da da da da da da da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…..”!

and a ” la de dadaaaaaaaaah….”

is what I say to anyone getting too heavy!

10. Custom avatar Leila says:

Hi David,
    never loose the sacred flame of craziness….I’ll get up at 3 am, Spain time, but I’ll be there………hopefully with all myself.

See you there, thanks,
    Leila

11. Custom avatar Marylin Sanchez says:

It looks like I won’t be able to make it on the call – maybe just pop in and out – I have rehearsals tonight and they usually run late. Have fun on the call everyone!

12. Sara says:

Wow Dave or -ehhmm Mr. Woody, Loved the show the kilt stayed in place and you didn’t get the gong! Good thing you didn’t add a little dance routine to that song or we would be seeing something other than a smile! Hahahaha!
    I’m signed up for the teleconference tonight and I can’t wait! Really looking forward to meeting you and the others!

Spread the sunshine!
    Sara

13. Wendy Keilin says:

There’s a video of my 5-minute talk and an audio of my session (or will be soon) at the MBC web site (see link above) – anyone can sign up there to check out the entire event (or be notified of next year’s).

– Wendy Keilin (part 3 of 3 to reply to Tammy)
    Artist’s Success Coach and (as of 5/1/10) honorary Missoulian

14. Anne Claire says:

Hi David,

Would love to partake in the phone-seminar tonight. But here in Europe it takes place in the middle of the night…

Are you planning another one at a time that is more suitable for both of us?

Hope so…

Anne Claire

• David Wood says:

Anne – if you REGISTER while there are seats left, you will get the recording.

If we do schedule one at an earlier time I”ll let you know 🙂

• Custom avatar Monika says:

Please let me know too – I’m in Holland. Does this count as registering?

After your kilt show, you can do anything! Great courage.

– for letting me listen to the recording.

Monika

• Fernando says:

Anne,
      I can completely understand. What I have done is set my alarm clock, listen to the call and go back to sleep. You won’t be disappointed.
      Cheers,

15. Custom avatar Adrian says:

Thanks for the laugh David. Yes I agree that we should all step out of our comfort zone, if for nothing more than to make sure we still have a pulse and to keep that WHY in the foreground of our consciousness.

16. Custom avatar Joel Achilles says:

well i did not see anything embarrassing in the video a good song audience participation hmmmm have you seen American idol?

17. Custom avatar Celia Dias says:

Hi David.I loved the video and the accent is great. Did you offered yourself to do it or were you invited from the program?

Talk to you tonight. Can’t wait to fire up.

Much Love
    Celia

18. Mr Woody has big balls! Which I of course
    admire.

• Sara says:

Robert! LOL Such boldness!!! Hahahah! Well I guess you have to have such if you are going to do what you are! Thanks Dave for the authenticity of who you are! It is not only uplifting but inspiring!

Thanks for the laugh!
      Sara

19. That is awesome! I use to get up and out there but then I “grew up” you are inspiring me to get back to being me, having fun and hopefully helping others to do the same.

20. Annemarie says:

OMG David!
    You ROCK!
    fabulous!

it’s a great video to illustrate your point.
    more and more i feel willing to be outrageous instead of silent….personally and professionally. it feels amazing.
    here’s to you and to all of us who are moving ever closer to our passion and being paid for who we are!

i’m SO sorry i can’t make the call tonight…taking my mom out for an early mother’s day.

annemarie

21. Custom avatar Marylin Sanchez says:

David:

Thanks for that video! I needed that!! I had to watch it several times. I couldn’t believe it was you!! Super cool! As to how far I would go, I am doing it now finally out in the open.

Briefly, I am 43 years old, single mom of 3 girls (26, 25, 15) and a grandma of 2. In my younger years, I use to compete in kickboxing and bellydance professionally. Believe it or not all in secret as my ex-husband thought that kickboxing was not for women and that bellydancing was for hookers to put it mildly. How I got away with it I still don’t know but I did. After a while though I had to give it up.

My mom and step-dad contracted AIDS virus and I had to move back to Florida to take care of them. For the last 10 years, I was taking care of my mom and step-dad as they were dying and also my boyfriend’s mom who was also dying. Needless to say I gave up everything, night school, kickboxing, exercising, dancing, everything. I just didn’t have the time.

Between the last 2-4 years ago, my step dad passed away, my mom passed away and my boyfriend’s mom passed away. Believe it or not I was lost. I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize the woman staring back at me. In all of this I had gained 130 lbs. :-O.

I got it into my head to get back in shape and take up my kickboxing and dancing again but this time out in the open. I currently have lost 80 lbs and have about 40 to 50 to go.

Last year I went for the gusto. I got back into my bellydancing and was asked to perform 3 different numbers on stage. I was terrified. How can I get my fat a** on stage in a 2 piece bellydance outfit in front of 900 people (the show was sold out and was even being video taped for sale after and for a cable channel)!!!

I did it and never turned back. Since then I have been asked to perform at numerous charity events, shows and conventions. This year I am asked to not only come back to one of the biggest bellydance conventions in the US but to even compete!!!

You are soo correct. The hardest part is putting yourself on the line and just going for it but once you do, oh man does it feel great!!!

Thanks again for all the inspiration and motivation that you have been giving us all.

• Brenda says:

Thanks Marilyn – Way to GO!!!

• Dorte Winther Hansen says:

I salute you. What a fighter you are. I wish you all the best in your life. You go, girl. :O)

• Annemarie says:

amazing!!

• john says:

Very inspiring. Keep up the great work Marylin!

• Sara says:

Hey Marylin, that was an inspiring post! I really enjoyed your candid self evaluation. You are inspiration to me as well. I look in the mirror and find the person staring back is a stranger and I try every day to find the joy to make it through. I want to do more than that. I don’t want to be the living dead. I want to embrace life and go for the gusto like you have. Bravo girl!

Big Hugs,
      Sara

• Custom avatar Marylin Sanchez says:

Hey Sara:

Thanks for your wonderful words. I learned the hard way. Watching these two wonderful strong women go out like a candle in the night and realizing they never went anywhere or did anything that they wanted to do just what was expected of them. I decided not me and I will have no reason to hide it either. Just go for it Girl! You have all of us for support!

• Custom avatar Helen says:

Three cheers, Marilyn! Wow! That was a tough row, and you hoed it just fine!

22. Custom avatar Victoria says:

Love the sandals 🙂

I think that I have stepped outside of my comfort zone in the fact that I have actually started selling the things I create. At first I had a big battle with my subconcious as it kept saying that my stuff isn’t good enough to sell and that no-one will want to buy it, but I’m trying hard to silence those negative thoughts and I am (hopefully, if our baby doesn’t put in an early appearance) doing a craft show this saturday 🙂

Thank you for sharing and I never knock anyone for having a go! An inspiration to us all!

23. Custom avatar Austin says:

Mr. Woody is cute and he’s so True for being himself! I sang with him in front of my computer:D

You are authentic and brave, David.

I’m just in the turn point in my path- leave old job doesn’t fit anymore, drop the fear and beliefs I’ve been holding.

Thank you for all you do, sharing and inspiring.

24. Custom avatar Brandi says:

I opened your email, first thing this morning, while enjoying my cup of java.

As soon as you walked on stage in that getup my only thought was wtf now!

As soon as you started singing though ………… I spewed a mouth full of coffee all over the fricking screen, which meant clean up / waste of time, again !

Thanks a lot David ! ….., for the best of belly laughs I’ve had in a while. Oh wait a minute ~ that was last night watching ‘This Hour Has 22 Minutes’. Henry tried to tell me to stop laughing, and I just laughed all the more and said ‘Try and stop me. Turn the TV off / change the channel ~ your choice.’

Looking soooooooooo forward to the day our paths cross, as so many people just don’t know when to laugh along, and when to just plain shut up ! and go home to dwell / drown in their own misery / quit laying heavies on other people to get their jollies ~ think it’s their right to tell others what to speak. ‘QUIT TALKING ABOUT GOD OR POLITICS!’

Well, who are you ? to think you have the right to tell me what to think or speak about, as ‘Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies, Lu Lu told me all of this, just before she died ! Nope, better course of action ~ walk away and shake the insult off, as who needs those type of ‘peep holes’ in your inner circle of friends.

I shut down and think ‘Im not listening – La, la, la, la, la ~ so sad but I’m not wearing my ‘bull s#*$ deflectors’, nor am I deaf. DAMN, what a blessing in disguise for those who are !

‘Helen Keller’, now there’s a movie and true story that should sink in with these countless A-holes who just don’t know what true love and inspiration is all about!

A link to anyone interested in dealing with the deaf / raising a deaf child. Met the couple in Orlando at Sam Crowley’s Boot Camp EDIS, and WOW ! are they ever fantastic people who helped inspire me ‘BIG TIME !

info@deafparenting.com
    deathparenting.com

25. Dan says:

Very entertaining Mr. Woody!
    I think we all need to step out of our comfort zone now and then…I must say though..you looked very comfortable!

Dan

26. Sandy says:

David,

Thank you so much for sharing this. Great job on leading by example to help us go outside our comfort zones. Which was very entertaining and nicely done!

27. Custom avatar sandra says:

Awesome video. I am also a number cruncher but not quite ready to step outside my comfort zone this much. One day, maybe but I am not their yet.

28. Custom avatar Michelle says:

Too Funny David! Thanks for starting my day with smiles. Good reminder and, too my credit, I’ve been stepping out of my comfort zone most of my life since my desires are greater than being willing to settle where I was/am. I believe fun is part of our journey. You are one of the bestest teachers 🙂
    Love to you and all who are interconnected on this trip ~ Michelle

29. Evan says:

There has been much worse on Red Faces.

I guess stepping out of a comfort zone may be necessary. But just doing something uncomfortable doesn’t hold any attraction for me.

30. Custom avatar Nat says:

TARA DA DAAAAAA…..TARA DA DAAAA…..LOL

Nice Mr Woody! Thanks, you made my day already!

31. Yi says:

Hey David,

That was hilarious and very brave of you. Reminds me of my son, who is 9. Last Christmas he was asked to play at the Advents celebration for the school. He agreed. I found something he would find fun and we got his class involved but he had to sing. He plays guitar and recorder but he doesn’t really sing. So that was his first time and he did it in front of a whole church full of people. That took a lot of guts and I am very impressed that he agreed. He told me later that he was so nervous he almost ran away, but he didn’t. And he was sooooo cool when he announced an extra piece that was not in the program but that he had practiced for an encore. The kids were wild about his performance, which was definitely not perfect but so much fun. And he really enjoyed and appreciated the applause.
    I am not nearly as brave but I am beginning to see the fun in stepping out of my comfort zone or at least pushing against its borders and making more space. GREAT!

Thanks for your inspirational work!

32. Way to go, David!

Kind of coincidence, I am in this kind of a project right now, but I have chosen a safer act, Wonderful tonight by Eric Clapton. Or maybe it is less safe?

You show us the perfect ego killer, there is nothing more effective than taking the risk of stepping out in the street or where ever and being visible and vulnerable at the same time.

Jackie

33. Custom avatar Sharon says:

The thing I love about your sharing project is that it is so positive and empowering. Yes, we all have wounds and traumas that reshape our lives, but the story of how we overcame and grew strong is the important part. I’m so glad we seem to have collectively realized that and shifted our focus from simply sharing the pain to spotlighting the opportunity to gain wisdom and connect with others for higher good. Thanks, man – you’re giving a great gift.

34. Kira says:

I love the way he gets the crowd involved!Brilliant they are completely in his hands. I think they all admire his B..ls! I have no problem stepping out of my comfort Zone, I recently auditioned with two bands and they both offered me the position as a Singer! Haven’t sung for years so it was quite daunting at first, now I am having loads of fun even if my voice isn’t what I think it should be anymore…others are happy!

35. Toby says:

Hi David, Been there done that in my own terrifying, embarrassing examples. I can well relate to how you felt before, during and the after release(I’d guess you know what I’m refering to as the after release). I’m hoping that for those who cannot attend tonights free teleclass, they will still be included in your program?????? I’m sure we are all worthy.

36. Andrea says:

It’s you! How funny!!! Thanks for giving us a laugh or two. It teaches us that we must step out of our comfort zone,
    that we must laugh at ourselves,
    We must let others laugh at us
    and that when people say :Your cazy to do this, that is exacly why we should do it!
    Thanks. My personal one is that I being an artist(really!), hooked up with this mercenary (really) and I taught him to behave (ie not kill)- Instead I learnt to shoot and we built a shooting range with members etc. Really foreign for me, not a girly thing at all, yet I enjoyed it immensely.
    This weekend I took my child on an adventure weekend and ended up doing the adventure stuff with her- I thought I was too fat/ stiff etc to do these things- And I did just fine- I hope noone laughed at me though! Thanks again for the chuckle and the lesson A

37. Chris says:

Excellent David – play, have fun, enjoy life…Although I now earn my living as an entertainer, I found it extremely hard to begin with…I was well out of my comfort zone…putting on a different character really helps.
    I now find the greatest way to push my comfort zone is to play with my children wherever we are, in the shops, in the street (safely!!)..get into their world, out of yours and life takes on a whole new meaning. Ignore the strange looks from other people!!!

38. Anne Claire says:

Hi David,

Thank you for bringing this up! And in such a funny way too ~ always a good idea to start the day with a laugh!!

It is so useful to step out of your comfort zone; or at least stretch it. Only then can you truly discover all the things you are capable of, but never thought of trying…

I stretched my comfort zone years ago when I followed my friend and partner (who at the time I had only just met) to the U.S. where he lives.

I gave up my healing practice, I stopped lecturing, sold my horse and my motorbike ~ and off I went!
    And yes, ‘everybody’ said I was crazy 🙂

And getting to the U.S. I found myself with no contacts, not being allowed to work as I arrived on a tourist visa, no real plans ~ and with a guy who, in reality, I hardly knew.

The only thing that I kept was my house ~ a decision I am so grateful for now that my relationship is becoming less and less fulfilling…

Thanks to you I now not only have a bunch of plans, and things I want to accomplish ~ but also a better grip on how to get there!!

Anne Claire

39. Mónica says:

Laughter…, what gift making people happy.., yet also sharing and expresing sad feelings is important, and when we are able to connect and be understood by others, that´s when comunion takes place, and there is the beauty of comunication.

40. Custom avatar S.Meenachi Sundram says:

Hai David
    Got the message.Do what you like not what pleases others.

41. Custom avatar Karen says:

OMG hilarious! Well done David. I stepped out of my comfort zone about a year and a half ago when I boarded a plane with 3 kids and 4 suitcases to move to the other side of the country in search of a better life. I knew no-one, had no real plan but just KNEW I had to do it. so far so good, the first goals have been acheived, get a car, our own place rather than boarding and earn more than I ever did over east. I still own nothing (except the car!) but its time for new goals. you have been an inspiration and I look forward to checking off each goal as I acheive them and cant wait to start getting paid for who I am! Thanks again David, you brightened my day 🙂

42. Debbie says:

Hi David,

Being silly comes naturaly to me because I love to see people laugh. I have never been televised though …. I think …. Oh god I hope not ;o. I sang on stage when I was younger and loved it. I was blessed with an amazing voice though you would not be able to tell when my friends and I belt out “I will survive” at the top of our lungs :o)

Stepping out of my comfort zone would mean actually writing down what goes on in my head and letting people READ it (OMG) scary. Working on that at the moment.

Loved the clip and the kilt. Socks and sandals …. ooooooh toooooo coooool.

Have an awesome day

much love

Debbie

43. Custom avatar John Murphy says:

Brilliant – and another career opens for you!!

44. Joanne says:

That is fantastic and what a great example of getting out of the comfort zone 🙂

45. You Inspired ME!!! You are the prove that when someone calls you…”Crazy”….the answer is…”Every Great Person and Leader In The World has been, Right?”

Thanks!!!

Daniel.

• David Wood says:

Glad to hear that Daniel 🙂

• Liza says:

I know THAT feeling! The one where you step out of your comfort zone and its SOOOO amazing once you do it!. At age 35 i decided to become a rock chick and joined a rock band. At age 39 we are now recording songs ! I love stepping out – i do it at work, in my personal life and encourage others to step over the edge every now and then to find out how much more you can access in life!

46. That was really Brave !!!!! I respect you even more now!!! :o)

I actually jumped out of my comfort zone around a year ago…with the support of my love ones I went out from home to pursue my dreams in another country to be able to go to my dream college, I had to start all over again, friends, home, furniture, people I could trust, everything.

I was afraid at the beginning and insecure but I learned to focus in my vision and in the reason why I was doing it…The Reason? To live the life of my dreams and have my FREEDOM doing what I love the most and share it with my love ones 24/7!!!!!!

I finally Graduate!!!!!! And move to Miami!!! Great City but had to make some mental movements again!!!!

I have been growing in the process and right now I’m here in the beautiful city I always wanted to be going on and on accomplishment after accomplishment ready for my FREEDOM!!!!!

Daniel.

• David Wood says:

Good for you Daniel

• Natalia says:

Hi Daniel:: what is what you do??? that you love it so much???

I did something like you.. I am living in Australia now!!!

any spanish background???

natalia
      originally from Argentina

47. Iria says:

hahahahaha
    That was cute too!
    I love the song.

48. Custom avatar Lani Gossett says:

David,
    I totally loved your Mr. Woody. I wanted to hear more. Sorry it stopped so abruptly. For me, getting out there is dancing, but it might not really be getting out there because I’m a terrible show-off (at age 67). I tried singing on stage, and was told that I sang with great enthusiasm totally off key. I have fun anyway. There is great advantage to being old – it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of you.

Would love to be there tomorrow night, and normally would be home then, but can’t be there tomorrow. I hope you record it so we who can’t be there can listen later.

Lani

49. Custom avatar Michael says:

You are indeed a brave and courage man David. You have inspired me to get out for a long walk – right out of my comfort zone.

50. Custom avatar Mike says:

You are indeed a brave and courage man David. You have inspired me to get out for a long walk.

51. June Bug says:

Took me a nanosecond to recognize you, David! Cool of you to share. Better you than someone else, eh? How funny!

52. David Wood says:

COPIED FROM YOUTUBE:

Anneke2410 Good fun on a dreary day!

jaynezwilliams Yes and good clean bit of fun. The accent needs working on a little but who cares. It’s all about not taking life too seriously

MBareiss It takes pretty big… eggs… to be that ridiculous. It’s a good study in exaggeration. It’s also a good study in “tell people to do something and they will”. Everyone was clapping along and singing along – and it was fun! But it would have been less fun if David hadn’t told everyone to sing. I’d like to see more!

jcmccall22 David as a scotsman from Glasgow……….I will give you 5 out of 10!!

afatagbanto I always suspected David Wood was bonkers. Now I know beyond a shadow of doubt that he is! Just curious, does it rub off on your clients?!

dancingbearmama David you rock! rock on! did you get practice being silly at camp, or was this before that??? love, nicole

Foundationcoaching David you always crack me up!

TerryDeeAZ Socks with Sandles huh? Now that’s a fashion statement that if it catches on you could get kilt for. Pardon the pun!

myradtrust Hey David
    We can ‘be’ anything in our fantasies as Rafa said
    but not many can have a go at ourselves and have fun doing it. The marching was great! I wanna be like you Daave!
    Jeffish

rafaelcabo Thanks for sharing, David!

it was very good… and it reminds me
    that I get to play any part that I want in this
    world… and that depending on my outcome

I can “be” anything I decide to want and
    assume any role I want … to get the result
    I want…

This gives us COMPLETE FREEDOM to be who we want to be and live our lives the way we want to… and we have THAT choice every moment and every instant of our lives…

It was really FUN indeed!!!
    Rafa 6 months ago

discoveryworks Lousy accent David a mix of Scottish and Aussie – LOL – way to go! 6 months ago

willwaltersdotcom That’s just awesome. Being across the pond, I had to google “Hey, Hey,” but that just made it all the funnier. A great Friday share!

AngelaChenShui ROFL!!!
    Hilarious!
    Thanks for sharing, David.

JudittaSalem LOL that was quite ridiculously funny…
    and that was the exact German School uniform I had to wear hahaha
    except that I shortened the skirt and wore my own shirts on top 🙂
    you go David..thanks for the laugh

1lady2lady3 Whoa! Ha! gives us all permission to wear a kilt on television.

juliefraser33 I remember watching this clip of you on Red Faces oh so many years ago. Absolutely hilarious David. Thanks for sharing this again and reminding us all to not take ourselves so seriously.

• Custom avatar Corrie Ann says:

David – tell me this? What does this video still crack me up every time I see it? I was waiting for you to share it on the blog.

• Custom avatar Hubert says:

Great comments from YouTube! Thanks for sharing, David. Looking forward to the teleseminar.

53. Glad says:

I loved it! One of my favorite songs too 🙂

Thanks for sharing it,
    Glad

54. Custom avatar Cynthia says:

Hi David,

In answer to this question, I am willing to go as far as necessary, and I think stepping out of the comfort zone is the only way any of us can get where we want to go. After all, if what we wanted was within our comfort zones, wouldn’t we have it already?

So for me, right now I am designing a relationship coaching program for singles, and I’m having to be very honest and humble (and I hope humorous) about where I’ve been during my single life (though I’m happily married now). I was a certified (and certifiable) love junkie, and it can be a tad bit embarrassing to admit the things I’ve done in pursuit of wretched, unfulfilling relationships. However, I think this kind of disclosure us refreshing, honest, and potentially very helpful to others going through the same kinds of struggles. So I’m stepping up to “put it all out there” in the hopes of helping other people avoid some of my mistakes and start having better dating experiences, and eventually finding trup love.

I’m still really intrigued with the dialogue you’ve begun with this book, and I’m looking forward to the call.

Cheers,
    Cynthia

• Custom avatar Corrie Ann says:

Cynthia – authenticity is certainly a necessary ingredient to being a successful coach. Sharing the part of who we are that has experience the highs and lows of life makes us real – your clients will thank you for it.

55. Custom avatar BAM says:

Too funny. It took me a minute before my brain registered it was you David.

I actually long to step out of my comfort zone to that affect. I don’t think it is about ‘looking uncomfortable’ as it is about actually doing something that you (I) would not normally do just to push the ‘courage from within’ envelope.

56. Mark says:

David,

Congratulations on this bold move.

I’ve tried stepping outside my comfort zone, and although I’ve had some success, that may just mean I wasn’t stepping far enough outside of it.

57. That looks like a lot more fun than “crunching numbers”!
    Looking forward to the teleseminar.
    kris

• Elene says:

You know, it’s not really that bad! I’ve heard SO much worse from people who weren’t TRYING to be funny!

58. Anna Morten says:

Mr. Woody may be mortifying BUT he kicked off my work day with the lots of laughter and that has to be good.

59. Lee says:

you did’nt look out of your comfort zone to me. Looked like you were having the time of your life 🙂 I love that show. Wish we got it here in NZ. Happy Day

60. Dawn Macaskill says:

You had me going David! I went straight to the video without reading the text and was trying hard to figure out who “Mr. Woody” was. I’m also a musician/singer/songwriter and I have heard that song before. I did figure it out not through recognition but I realized Woody was very close to Wood. (laughing)

Brilliant, loved it, as my Scottish ancestors would say – it was grrrraaaaaate!

Thanks, Dawn

ps. also loved your blue face – are you a changling or what!

pps. Your book is amazing. Please thank Kristina – it is exactly what I need.

61. Aamer says:

Aye laad, nice heeland act down under. Next time remember your bagpipe!

62. Gail says:

Hilarious! Way to go Mr. Woody.
    Humor and playfulness are a needed medicine in the world of business and marketing.

thanks!

Gail

63. This is SOOOOO good for me to see right now! I am calling in FUN these days. It is sooo important to remember thou shalt not take thyself too seriously!!!

64. Custom avatar robyn says:

yea, loved it. That’s what hey hey is all about. fun and enjoyment.

65. David, I can totally relate to getting out of your comfort zone. I have been a professional classical guitarist all my life, but always wanted to dance(yet I had a public phobia of dancing), so I decided one summer to confront my fear and do a series of public dance/lip sync videos and post them on youtube.

You have sparked my curiosity as to how this brave/ridiculous behavior can help me help others create their dream life.

How did your video/act help out your current business exactly? I have a feeling a may be missing your point, but I would love to know, hope you respond!

• David Wood says:

it’s more a metaphor – i was willing to be uncomfortable in creating an entertainment business (when I can’t sing!). Are you willing to be uncomfortable in stepping into something new?

66. Carla says:

Oh My! That is One Hot Guy! Especially the earth sandles with the Kilt! All in all, I have to say the accent is what really got me~ Thanks for sharing~

67. Custom avatar Michael says:

David,

What an inspirational video. It is so important that we stop worrying about what other people think of us as we pursue our dreams. As long as we follow our hearts and listen to the still small voice within then nothing can stop us.

What a great teaching tool! You may look funny to others but you were being true to yourself. Follow your bliss baby!

Great job!

68. Custom avatar Jeff says:

Such talent! I had no idea.

The kilt is the clencher, that really sealed the deal!

Thanks for stepping out!

69. Oh my!

Getting my message out there…Lol! It’s ALL been uncomfortable…every minute of it.

My days are filled with one uncomfortable stretch after another. When I’m in a positive frame of mind I reframe it and experience it as exhilarating, instead of uncomfortable ; )

70. Custom avatar Wyman says:

Are you really out of your comfort zone or just having fun doing what you love to do?

71. Custom avatar Anne says:

Hi David,

Great job!! So great to see you take a chance. I love your enthusiam!
    Thanks and see you tomorrow nite.:-)

72. Hi David, every time I send you a new message, I get the response “This is a duplicate. You have said that before”. But I haven’t – I send responses according to the latest request, or the latest development, always in response to your latest communication. So who are what is telling me I have sent this or that message before? Is the computer creating its own messages?????
    Love,
    Mindi

73. Quite frankly, I don’t see this as embarrassing at all. It sure looked like you were after some outcome and I’m hoping that it helped you along your way.

BTW: Your timing looked very good and that’s so necessary for all kinds of tasks (not just singing).

74. Hi, David,

You seem to have done something very funny, but alas, I never manage to get these videos, so I don’t exactly know what you did. Somebody pse show me how to access that video, and your previous ones too!!
    David, this “stepping out of the comfort zone” suggestion has come just at the right time for me. I am due to do some performance poetry for a newly formed writing and theatrical group. I had learnt by heart my favourite poem, which I performed with great success. Now we are asked to enlarge on that, spread our talents. So with my addiction to “the beat” I have thought up a vivid and lively presentation of one of my rhythm poems called “Gyrate!”. I’ve involved two friends, and we plan to dress in very vivid colours, put on a CD with the rhythm I have in mind……perfect, but with one snag! I have tried for weeks, but cannot memorise my own poem. The rhythm goes all shaky, but that would spoil the whole performance. So I am going to try something which might end in my making a fool of my self and even embarrassing my two co-performers. I want to get some sort of device to fasten round my neck or something, like a microphone, with my poem written on it, so I can rock and writhe and stomp while actually reading the poem!! Now I am excited and scared at the same time. I’ll be doing my favourite thing, creating a very rhythmic dance and trying to tempt people to join us on stage, but it could turn into a catastrophe…(and this at an advanced age…..) Help!!!!

David, you are an intuitive core-magnet. You draw out all the inner essence, buried deep in the well of the sub-conscious, then return it all purified and rejuvenated.

Thanks for being very YOU.
    Love,
    Mindsi

75. Custom avatar Kelli says:

God love a nut, or two… Right on dude. Love you!!!

76. Custom avatar Sue says:

Nice accent! I applaud your bravery. I run courses each month for puppy classes. Even after two years, I still feel sick and anxious on the first night of a four week course. You’d think I would get used to it by now but I know that the classes are very important to each client and I want them to get all they can from each session and build a positive relationship with their puppy that will last for a life time.

77. Daisy Lee says:

Congratulations David. Well done! ERRRGHG! you are encouraging the tiger to come out to play!!

Fun Story – On the night of my 44th birthday, I was left alone babysitting my grandchildren. After they were safely tucked in bed for the night, I got a notion. I shaved the majority of my hair off and only left a Kung Fu pony tail in the back. I really didn’t think about the consequences at that moment. But the next day I had to face a meeting of the Board of Directors that I was on. At first I was scared silly about what people would think, then I realized that in fact, they might think something interesting so I should just go as if nothing particular had happened. So I did. What a hoot the next few weeks were till my hair grew back.

But your performance, David was incredibly uplifting. Thanks so much for the dance! Daisy Lee

78. Custom avatar John says:

David,

Is it the notoriety of the performance itself that worked for you or did you do an interview? Get a chance to say what you are all about? How did the gig help?

Were you really uncomfortable? Because you honestly don’t look it and your performance is quite good in spite of the comedy appeal you were working for. The audience was engaged.

Are you saying when we step out of our normal routine/comfort zone to approach getting paid for who we are that we should:
    1) do something we are good at?
    2) do something humorous?
    3) do something with a large audience?
    4) do something on the telly?
    5) do something in a kilt?
    6) do something in red hair and funny glasses?
    7) all the above
    8) none of the above

I enjoyed the short clip and the idea that I could do something outrageous to promote myself. Can’t see myself as Mr. Woody but I am Mr. Good. Should be something I can do with that, eh?

Johnny B. Good

• David Wood says:

it’s really about – are you willing to stretch your comfort zone?

I look comfortable, but I seriously wore 3 pairs of underpants because I was so terrified I thought I might pee myself on national TV!

79. David! I remember seeing that and pissing myself….hahahaha how hilarious xo You are a star honey!

80. Custom avatar Russell says:

Well done David:

Being an old player myself I know it takes balls to get up and laugh at ourselves,let our gaurds down and remind everyone(this is a beautiful world) thanx.

Russell.

81. Colly Graham says:

David
    Love to be on your teleseminar however it will be middle of the night in UK
    Colly

82. Custom avatar David Kucharski says:

I was just wondering if the teleconference will be archived for those of us that are unable to listen in? (that is one of the things that I am looking to change, but unfortunately it is not yet a possibility)

loved the sandals and socks!! Probably not the best choice for a 1,000 mile walk tho!

83. Tom Justin says:

So, what makes you think he’s out his comfort zone? He looked amazingly comfortable to me.

One man’s comfort may be another man’s discomfort.

Okay, gotta go get my kilt from the dry cleaners now.

: )

Tom Justin

84. Heidi Sue says:

I love it! Reminds of Ferriss’ advice in 4-hour work week to go lay on the ground in public and stay there until you can actually rest int he middle of whatever is going on.

Thanks for sharing one way you “went out there.” Shows how much of it just silly assumptions.

Heidi sue

• David Wood says:

interesting – I haven’t heard Tim say that but I’ve done it.

Try sunbathing in shorts only on a towel on the sidewalk in a busy street. Gets some looks…

85. Ken says:

To be perfectly honest with you, David, I really don’t know which way to go to promote my products. I have tried free advertising sites for other business opportunities that I have gotten into with zero results. I have business cards that I give out, I have told friends and family. Nobody cares. In fact, I believe my business is so cutting edge that nobody even realizes that they need it. Coaching is one thing, but most of that only barely touches on positive awareness, which is what I am all about.

I have given some thought to doing an internet radio program to introduce what I do and then try to do a weekly show, but public speaking isn’t my forte. There is a site called BlogTalkRadio that lets individuals broadcast their own shows and that’s where I had thought about doing my show. Without the ability to comfortably speak to my audience, I feel that I might drive even more people away, instead of drawing them in. Staying on topic, keeping focused and keeping my train of thought are all huge challenges for me.

I am a musician and composer, I play bass as my main instrument and I write instrumental jazz-influenced tunes and nobody is even interested in helping me do my songs because they are a bit beyond the norm, requiring musicians who have more talent than just the average rock n roll player. And bass is an accompaniment instrument and while it can be a solo instrument, it would need others to accompany me. This leads me back to where I am right now.

I don’t have any answers, only more questions. My only solution at this point is to continue to produce my songs using a MIDI sequencer as I have always done and record them to CD, design my own covers and sell them on Amazon, Ebay or on MySpace. I’m in the process of trying to finish up the first 10 songs for that.

• David Wood says:

how many steps of the 5 Freedom Steps in the book have you followed?

• Wendy Keilin says:

Hey, Ken –

I may have some answers for you. I help musicians to get their music out to audiences (and collaborators) who are eager for it.

I also help both artists and change agents to present their message in a way that inspires others to take action (in particular, to buy your products).

Having info that’s “so cutting edge people don’t know they need it” is a really common challenge among change agents. It’s up to you to communicate it to them so they get it – it’s not their job to “get it”. Knowing how to present your message so they are lining up buy it is both an art and a science, and must be learned (or you need to find someone who can help).

Feel free to contact me if you want help with that. (Or reply to this post – I’ll get an e-mail if you do and will respond.)

– Wendy Keilin
      Artist’s Success Coach

• Wendy Keilin says:

Hey, Ken – I think I can help, but my post didn’t post – let’s see if this one works.

– Wendy Keilin
      Artist’s Success Coach

• Wendy Keilin says:

– Wendy Keilin
      Artist’s Success Coach

• Wendy Keilin says:

[I think I’ve finally figured out my posting problem – you can’t end a post with a link! Now let’s see if I can remember what I wrote…]

Hi, Ken –

I may have some answers for you. I help musicians to make a prosperous living from their music, by getting it out there to an audience (and collaborators) who are eager for it.

I also help changes agents to present their message in a way that inspires people to take action (e.g., buy your products).

They’re really the same problem.

See, having something of value that’s “so cutting edge nobody realizes they need it” is a really common challenge for change agents. So is having music that’s “a bit beyond the norm”.

It’s up to you to present your message so people are moved to action. It’s not their job to “get it”. Communicating in this way is both an art and a science, and must be learned. (Or you can get help from someone who’s learned it.)

Please feel free to contact me if you’d like some help with that. You can click here (www.TheProsperousArtist.com) to get my contact info from my web site. Or you can reply to this post with a way to contact you back, and I’ll get an e-mail when you do.

Peace and Prosperity to you,
      Wendy Keilin

86. wendyk says:

Definitely brought a laugh into my day…

• Wendy Keilin says:

Hi to one WendyK from another! I posted a reply to Tammy below with my “getting outside my comfort zone” story – hopefully that will show up soon.

WendyK in NJ, USA

87. Custom avatar Lorrin says:

LOL such a spring chicken!!! You always were fearless, that’s one of the things I love about you mate!

88. One does not have to look ridiculous to ‘get out of their comfort zone” but to be willing to look ridiculous is the litmus for many.
    Too often the fear of rejection or ridicule kept me from moving forward. As soon as I realized that people really don’t care that much about it, it became a lot easier to venture out and take risks.

Thanks for you helpful work.

Alain Gauthier, Edmonton Canada

• I like what you wrote, I have/had that ffear of rejection, starting to go beyond it so I understand what you mean.
      Parlez-vous français?
      Thanks
      Stephen

89. Custom avatar Pamela says:

Whoa! When you go out on a limb you really go out there! Very good. However freeze uop on stage. I’m more of a behind the scenes kind gal. I signed up for the teleseminar though. As i write this I’m currently working on content for my sites. Talk to you soon. Kiss:)Mr Woody LOL:D priceless

90. Larry says:

Stepping out to meet my new life choices, caused a great many of my old friends and some family members to ask if I was “Nuts”. But as time went by, I ment new friends, was shown new worlds to understand, and new ways to help people. I am ready. The new journey starts with our first steps.

Larry

91. amber squirrel says:

Well done David…. you are an inspiration… :o) …..not sure how I will step out, but I’m workin’ on it!
    Squirrel
    x

92. Custom avatar Fran says:

LOVE IT!!! You were obviously enjoying yourself and so was everyone else. Gave me a wonderful idea for song service tonight. Thank you!

Fran

93. Jim says:

I can only wish that I could sing and tap my foot like you did!

Visualize for just a second if you will:

A two hundred forty pound guy wearing a Pink Tutu, pink ballerina’s top, and a really fake Diamond Tiara–everyone was laughing so hard they missed my white tennies!

(Yes, I actually did this-uncomfortable as I was, for a sales training event!)

94. Keli says:

Not sure I’m ready to go that far!!! 🙂
    Thanks for the smile…you’re the bomb!

95. yogapeg says:

Ah, David…. I agree! We shouldn’t be afraid to step out of our comfort zone, and hello, sometimes let’s just do something a little crazy and have fun! 🙂 Great performance, made me LMAO!

96. Well at least the kilt didn’t fly up (or OUT) when you got to the “da da DA DA” ! 🙂

97. Custom avatar karen says:

Classic David! That’s DEFINITELY getting out of that comfort zone.

Anyone who has the (hmm hmm) to go on Red Faces and face the gong (especially in sandals with socks!) has got to be pretty special LOL! (How long ago did you do it?)

Now I’m going to have that song on my brain…

98. Custom avatar KP says:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! (Gasp)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Loved it! Absolutely loved it.

Thanks!

99. Well, it’s obviously you, David 🙂

Grrrrrreat that you’d share :-))

Cheers
    Wendy

100. Interesting David… I too have stepped out of my comfort zone to put together an economic and social development business system since the attacks on the twin towers in New York on September 11, 2001.

I too am a singer/songwriter and guitar player. I am signed up for the teleconference tomorrow night.

I have also posted to YouTube. The first link is the first song I ever wrote. The second link is an overview of my business–should you care to look at them.

Talk to you tomorrow night!

Tammy

• Wendy Keilin says:

I tried replying a minute ago – maybe I posted too many links. I’m trying again, one at a time:

Hey, Tammy –

Good for you for creating a business plan to make a difference in Montana. I just spoke last weekend at Missoula BarCamp – http://www.MissoulaBarCamp.org – an “unconference” bringing together artists, change agents, and technologists to make Missoula the best it can be.

That was me stepping out of my comfort zone a bit – I was flown in from NJ to speak for *5 minutes* – in the round! I’m used to speaking to groups, but packing an impactful message into such a short talk was new to me … also great training and a whole lot of fun!

I got to do a longer session too – on “How to Make a Prosperous Living Doing What You Love” – that was really well attended and generated a lot of buzz – and much talk of bringing me back next year. So it pays to step out!

Missoula’s not so far from you – I hope we see you there next year. There’s also talk of a state-wide Montana BarCamp in the works for next year – in Bozeman, I think? So you should come to that one for sure!

Wendy Keilin (part 1 of 3)

• Wendy Keilin says:

[Okay, that worked – let’s see if I can get parts 2 and 3 in at one shot.]

For those reading who are not in Montana, Bar Camps are a really cool thing I just discovered – a great place to step out of your comfort zone, present a topic on the fly (though you can also prepare one, or just attend), and make some amazing connections. They happen all over the world – http://www.barcamp.org to find one convenient to you.

– Wendy Keilin (parts 2 & 3)
      Artist’s Success Coach and (as of 5/1/10) honorary Missoulian

• Wendy Keilin says:

– Wendy Keilin (part 2 of 3)

• Thanks for responding to my post Wendy. I love Missoula and it sounds like a really good opportunity. I live only 22 miles away from Bozeman so if you have a camp there, I’ll definitely go.

My business system can be done everywhere. I used to promote communities all over the nation and now I’ve developed a system with new products that can be done all over the nation and even globally.

It feels good to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem–doesn’t it?

How did you put your photo on your post? I must have missed that part in the sign up process.

Tammy

• Wendy Keilin says:

Thanks, Tammy – it hasn’t been letting me post part 3, so let’s see if I can do it now and then respond to your question:

– Wendy Keilin (part 3 of 3)
          Artist’s Success Coach and (as of 5/1/10) honorary Missoulian

I also wondered about the photo. I saw that the other WendyK (above) had used a photo (as well as David Wood), and wanted to do it too. When I went to post my reply, I was given a choice of “Ninjas”, little cartoon icons, and a cryptic sentence: “If you have a Gravatar, you don’t need to select one of these (but you can).” So I googled “gravatar”, and discovered http://www.gravatar.com. You can upload a photo and associate it with your e-mail address, and voila!, your “globally recognized avatar” appears like magic with your post!

• Thanks Wendy. Now I’m going to get my gravatar too and will check out your link.

Tammy

• Wendy Keilin says:

Many links! For anyone else posting here, I finally figured out that you can put links in your message (simply by typing “www.whatever.com”), but if end your post with a link, it won’t post it.

I have learned many things here today!

Peace, y’all!
              Wendy

• Okay, I should have a “gravatar” now thanks to you. Take care and hope you are on the call tonight Wendy!

Tammy